Do you need a high school diploma to qualify for ACCES VR?

No. To be eligible for ACCES-VR a student needs to have a documented significant disability that limits their ability to work, the ability to benefit from services, and a reasonable chance of becoming employed through services provided by ACCES-VR.

It is best if students are referred early, preferably in the Junior year.

Can a student/person receive assistance from both ACCES-VR and OPWDD?

Yes! When in doubt about what services a student can receive, refer to both agencies.

Can the Community Employment Specialists come to my school for a Parent night?

No. The contract specifically states that CES are to work with school personnel. They are here to be a resource and can help you find answers you need to help parents, however they cannot directly work with parents or youth.