Who We Serve
The CES work directly with school districts and educational agencies to enhance their understanding of the process for student referral and eligibility in VR and other post- secondary employment supports and services.
School district personnel can include, but is not limited to:
- High School Guidance counselors
- CSE Chairs
- Transition Specialists
- Assistant teachers
Counties served primarily include Broome, Chenango, Chemung, Delaware, Otsego, Schuyler, Steuben, and Tioga. Some areas of Greene, Allegany, and Schoharie are also served. If you are in a different area, please contact us and we will connect you to the appropriate CES!
What We Do
The Community Employment Specialists provide consultative and technical assistance to districts and agencies who are working with transition aged students to ensure that school district personnel and Committees of Special Education have the knowledge, information, and procedures in place to:
- Connect students to essential post-school options and supports including Vocational Rehabilitation services.
- Improve post –secondary outcomes
- Understand the connection between the students IEP, referral, and preparation for adult services
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the adult state VR services, community agency providers, independent living centers, and other community systems of support that may be beneficial in attaining successful post-secondary outcomes, including employment.